Old August 12th 11, 09:51 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

Default Lorry driver to the rescue

Love this story of a LEJOG rider who had a problem with a shoe cleat.

QUOTE:
"My first problem occurred on day nine; my cycle shoe wouldn’t release
from the pedal, a potentially dangerous situation. I stopped at the
side of the road, and didn’t know what I was going to do, when a
tanker pulled in. The two guys forced the shoe off, found an identical
screw for the cleat on their lorry, cut it to length with a hack saw,
screwed it back in to my shoe, and off I went! This was one of my
favourite moments. On through Edinburgh City and over the Forth
Bridge.

The next day presented my only other problem, some dodgy gears. I
stopped off at Spokes bike shop in Kirkcaldy and they sorted it
immediately, and for free for me."

http://www.bedfordshire-news.co.uk/N...y-10082011.htm

--
Simon Mason