Old June 10th 20, 12:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default “I was just playing on my phone”: driver’s excuse when cyclist asked why he’d stopped

On 09/06/2020 17:50, TMS320 wrote:
On 09/06/2020 11:12, JNugent wrote:
On 09/06/2020 08:44, TMS320 wrote:
On 09/06/2020 00:11, JNugent wrote:
On 08/06/2020 20:20, TMS320 wrote:
On 08/06/2020 17:32, JNugent wrote:
On 05/06/2020 17:45, Simon Mason wrote:

Terrible "excuse".
QUOTE:
It would be highly amusing if it wasn't so dangerous, as the
driver of this trailer-towing Ford Ranger seems to think playing
on your phone is a reasonable excuse for crawling along a country
lane, before coming to a stop and then moving off again.

According to the cyclist who shot the footage it happened near
Kittochside in East Kilbride, where she was faced with the
vehicle moving very slowly on the country lane. It then comes to
a stop and the cyclist thinks he is letting her overtake, but
then the vehicle starts to move. She said to the driver “I
thought you were letting me past”, to which he cheerfully
replied: “No, I was just playing on my phone."

The cyclist claims he then proudly showed off his mobile to
advertise the fact. After hearing the driver’s explanation, the
cyclist can be heard saying: “Absolute cracker". Not the sharpest
tool in the box and one that hopefully can be prosecuted with a
number plate clearly visible...

https://road.cc/content/news/cycling...ne-2020-274121

Was there a double-yellow line at the side of the carriageway?

For all your talk about laws, what an utterly pathetic response.

Was the driver perrmitted to stop, or prohibited from stopping?
That seems an important question, wouldn't you say?

No.

Really?

Really.

You can't see the relevance of whether the driver was prohibited from
stopping.

Why am I not surprised? :-)