Old October 19th 08, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ben C

Default I Still Hate Motorists, Even Though I've Just Changed My Site To Attempt To Cover It Up

On 2008-10-19, Tim Woodall wrote:
On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 20:30:47 +0100,
Phil W Lee phil wrote:
"Just zis Guy, you know?" considered Sun, 19
Oct 2008 09:51:19 +0100 the perfect time to write:

*** PGP SIGNATURE VERIFICATION ***
*** Alert: Signature did not verify. Message has been altered.
*** Signer: Guy Chapman (0x3FA3BCDE)
*** Signed: 18/10/2008 16:28:26
*** Verified: 19/10/2008 20:30:01
*** BEGIN PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***

Easy to see the forgeries now.

I'd have expected that forging a signature with intent to deceive would
be an offence. However, I'm not sure under what legislation it would
fall.

Electronic Communications Act 2000 (c. 7) made electronic signatures
legally recognised but doesn't appear to make any changes to the
criminal code. Some countries, when they implemented the European
directives on electronic signatures, made explicit changes to the
criminal code to make forging electronic signatures an offence. Maybe
the UK didn't need to, or maybe the EU directive didn't require it, or
maybe there's some other legislation that I'm not aware of.

If so it would only be one of those silly laws you can easily get away
with breaking-- like speed limits or stopping at red lights on a
bicycle.

[ducks]