Old September 6th 05, 03:24 AM
Bleve

Default looking for a "wrench force" supplier?

Rayc wrote:
Mavic have supplied a black plastic circle thing-tool that has cutouts
for bladed spokes with their wheels. Is that the 'press tool' you are
thinking of? I'm sure Pete can get you one, or I can.

I'm lead to believe it's a big (so the whole wheel fits inside it)
press that one uses to (temporarily!) deform the wheel to allow a
spoke to be tightened without excessive torque being required - so
it doesn't twist the spokes.

Tedious, pain in the arse to do, I'm sure, but the only way to
get a bladed, low count wheel true and tight enough. Maybe a
car press or jack could be jerried up to do something
similar?