Old February 6th 04, 03:50 PM
MSeries

Default Alhonga deep drop brake

Pete Biggs wrote:
Arthur Clune wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=3659320191

Thats EXACTLY what I need, too good to be true.

Excellent. It's 4 real alright. I hope your bid will be nice and
big ;-)

I think I just don't get the whole Ebay thing. We have here a willing
buyer and a seller.

But not a price.

Just agree 10 quid and put it in the post? Isn't
that easier?

Nope. Maybe 10 quid is too much or I might get lots more than 10
quid and buying through eBay is very easy for the buyer (and seller
once the listing is up). It also gives all those interested more of
a chance instead of having to be lucky enough to be the first one to
see a posting and it cuts out the "have you still got it?" enquiry.

I am happy to see what happens with the auction. I watch many items, bid on
many with ridiculously low bids in search of a bargain, sometimes win but
more often don't.

I like using eBay to sell items that I don't know the value of* plus
it reaches an extra audience. There lots of eBay fans who look
through the stuff there every day/week and don't read the cycling
newsgroups/forums.

* I've got no idea of what people are prepared to pay for this unusual
front brake that is normally only bought as part of a pair.

They are £21 for a pair at Spa Cycles, much more at SJS who incidently had a
pair on eBay a week or two ago which finished at about £20 IIRC.

I dunno. Must be just me.

Hope you are clearer now.

~PB

--
The Reply & From email addresses are checked rarely.
http://www.mseries.freeserve.co.uk