Old March 22nd 07, 09:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Zog The Undeniable

Default ctc and motorcycles

raisethe wrote:
Following on from the problems recently discussed about John Snow as
the new ctc president, I have to point out my considerable displeasure
with the ctc's position on motorbikes.

http://www.ctc.org.uk/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabID=4790

This is currently causing justifiable derision amongst the
motorcycling community and its not hard to see why. The ctc's position
shows classic cyclist inferiority complex. I will not be renewing my
membership when it falls due and recommend that others do likewise.
Indeed, as the organisation appears to be highly commercially (gr?)
motivated, a significant reduction in membership which is explicitly
due to this outrageous policy should soon bring them to heel.

The anti-motorcycling arguments on the link are unsustainable and
should be removed and the ctc's campaigning should be amended
accordingly.

Having been deliberately buzzed by a few, I tend to agree with the CTC line.