Old January 31st 14, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

Default No lights, no reflectors, dark clothing, thick fog, no helmet. Why do cyclists have a death wish?

"Dave -Cyclists VORT" wrote in message ...

On 31/01/2014 09:04, Mrcheerful wrote:
What a stupid and easily foreseeable waste of a life.

Why do cyclists have a death wish?

http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/St-A...#axzz2rxtDPRI3

Agreed. Sheer folly to go out like that in those conditions.

But can you explain why this folly is any worse than:

The silver Jag I saw on the M62 yesterday at dusk without sidelights. It
was almost invisible.

The many motorists who caused the multiple pile up with 100+ cars a few
months back because they were going too fast in fog.

The hundred of motorists I see every year who use their fog lights
inappropriately, a practice that is so dangerous that years ago the
government ran a public information campaign on the topic.

The pedestrians who walk about wearing ear phones and then wander out
into the road.

Motorcyclists who duck and dive between cars.

Etc, etc.

I look forward to your reply.

This is a cycling NG. Please try to stay on topic.