Old December 18th 04, 12:09 AM
Cat Dailey

"Steven M. Scharf" wrote in message
k.net...
CatEye TL-LD1000 Rear Flasher--Finally a good, easily available, LED
flasher.

I received a CatEye TL-LD1000 from Nashbar today. I had not been a fan
of LED flashers due to the problems with field of view, and intensity,
but CatEye has a winner with the TL-LD1000. It has six rear facing LEDs,
plus two LEDs on each side. It has lenses over the LEDs, not just a red
plastic cover. It's very rugged, and it's waterproof. You can turn on
either the bottom or top five LEDs, or all ten. This is the first LED
flasher I've found that almost rivals the visibility of a xenon strobe.
I bought it for a new Dahon Speed TR folder, which also arrived today.

The mounting is funky. It includes a seat post bracket. It also includes
a screw that cuts threads into a hole on the back which theoretically
would let it mount directly to a reflector bracket on a rear rack (the
holes line up properly). However this screw is far too long, and you
need some washers or a spacer or you’ll destroy the light as you screw
it into the battery compartment. I used a spacer, and it works fine,
with no bracket. The directions do not mention this mounting option, and
don't tell you what the screw is for.

"http://www.cateye.com/en/products/viewProduct.php?modelId=41&catId=7&subCat
Id=4"

Thanks! I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the extra screw was
for! Got mine about 2 weeks ago from Nashbar as well. Everyone else
wanted $35 bucks for it.

Cat