Old December 18th 04, 04:29 AM
Steven M. Scharf

Cat Dailey wrote:

Thanks! I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the extra screw was
for! Got mine about 2 weeks ago from Nashbar as well. Everyone else
wanted $35 bucks for it.

I was still a little nervous about the mounting, even with two screws,
since they don't go in very far. It’s on there securely, but who knows
with vibration and all.

I drilled two small holes into the reflector bracket of my rear rack,
and used two long black cable ties, one on each side of the center
column of LEDs, to ensure that it doesn't fall off. It doesn’t look too
funky, but maybe I’ll look for some ties that match the red plastic.

I noticed that the instructions said that it must not replace the
reflector on the bike, which is of course exactly what I did!

The bike is in my office, and everyone who comes in has to play with the
flasher, and they are very impressed.

I was glad to read the method of holding in the buttons for a couple of
seconds to turn the unit off. Looks like someone at CatEye used to work
for Microsoft

Steve
http://bicyclelighting.com

"If you can't answer a man's argument, all
is not lost; you can still call him vile
names."
Elbert Hubbard