Old July 10th 08, 05:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

Default Steel frames and le Tour

On Jul 10, 10:01*am, Ted van de Weteringe
wrote:
Scott schreef:

Really, you don't think that even a single rider in the field may
actually prefer a steel frame to a carbon fiber frame?

I don't.

Cool. We know your opinion now. Thanks.

I don't share your opinion. I've ridden numerous carbon fiber
framesets, and with the exception of ONE, I've preferred a good steel
frameset to each of them. For most of them, I've ridden them only
because I'd already had a bunch of money sunk into them and they
weren't so bad as to be unbearable.

All in all, given the choice of the typical off-the-shelf carbon fiber
frame vs a custom steel frame, both provided for free (which is how it
would work with a TdF rider), I'd go with the custom steel. I can not
bring myself to definitively declare without asking each and every one
of them that there are no TdF riders who wouldn't prefer steel.