Old December 15th 18, 10:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Got him! Driver found in France after attempted murder of cyclist

On Saturday, December 15, 2018 at 12:11:18 AM UTC, Simon Jester wrote:

I have long advocated these drivers should be charged with assault with a deadly weapon or attempted murder but society classes it as 'just a motoring offence'.

The reason CDBDD was introduced was because juries were unwilling to convict motorists of manslaughter for a motoring offence.

Agreed.

If a driver jumps a red light, kills someone while speeding, or after mounting a pavement, then these are usually viewed as "accidents", because, hey "everyone" speeds, drives on pavements or jumps lights, don't they?

The fact the driver scarpered to France to evade justice speaks volumes to me though.