Old June 28th 20, 08:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andrew Chaplin[_2_]

Default Damaged Shimano 105 shift lever

On Sunday, June 28, 2020 at 11:18:11 AM UTC-4, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 6/28/2020 11:07 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 6/28/2020 9:05 AM, Andrew Chaplin wrote:
I damaged my left shift lever when I crashed my Kona recently. It had
become
difficult to shift onto the big ring, so I brought it to my LBS. They
worked at it,
but, while it would shift okay in the repair stand, as soon as one
tried to shift it
while riding, it was nigh on impossible to get it to go onto the
larger chainwheel.
The tech at the LBS thinks the only option is to replace the lever
(three weeks to
get the part!!).

What broke or bent in the lever that would explain the difference in
shifting? Do any
of you know of other options?

What sort of shift lever is it?

Sorry, didn't notice the thread title.

I wonder if this might be helpful:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mCwvDtRw8U

But of course, I haven't had that problem.

It might very well, thanks. I will keep it in mind.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO