Old June 30th 20, 01:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Campagnolo 1" Triomphe headset crown race sizes?

On 6/29/2020 10:50 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
I have a Campagnolo Triomphe headset that i took off a bike that I then rebuilt for a friend. The crown race on the Triomphe crown race has a smaller internal diameter than does the one on the 1" headset I replaced it with on the bike.

1. Does anyone know what internal diameter is the Triomphe crown race I do believe it's English threading as that was the threading of the replacement headset.

2. Anyone know where I can buy that smaler inner diameter crown race? Or a complete Triomphe headset at a reasonable price with reasonable shipping?

Cheers

The two sizes are 26.4mm and 27.1mm.
Generally premium quality bicycles use the smaller crown
race seat. The matching head cups are 30.0mm and 30.2mm so
one generally cuts a midprice frame and fork to the smaller
crown seat and larger head tube.

http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...st/fklc20e.jpg

In practice, ignoring the 0.2mm head cup difference doesn't
seem to be an actual problem.

I think you want frame machining service, not a new headset
but if you want one they exist:

https://www.ebay.it/sch/i.html?_from...omphe&_sacat=0

--
Andrew Muzi