Old April 23rd 04, 09:21 AM
takver

Default web-site on road fatalities

Yuri Budilov wrote:
I only started cycling in Dec 2003 and every time I jump on my bike and
"hit the road" I say a silent prayer that I return home in one safe and
sound piece!
Safe riding all!

I have been commuting for 30 years now. The first time was from
Redfern to the Sydney GPO. I lined up a friend to cycle with, but she
piked it at the last moment, so I cycled alone amoungst the roaring
inner city traffic.

My number of accidents, self-inflicted and caused by others I can
count on two hands. No broken bones luckily. A lot more close calls.
This morning I watched the cyclist in front of me almost get 'doored'
by a delivery truck driver openning his door without looking in
Swanston street.

Last Friday of the month I always attend 'mass' and say a prayer for
those cyclists who weren't as fortunate or were victims of road rage.
The more cyclists on the road, the safer it is for all of us!