Old January 20th 14, 03:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

Default The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

You obviously have no acquaintance with Great Saints, let
alone anyone Great. It is a common condition of dwarfs and midgets like
you.

Ah, hubris.

I've never met a great saint; no, you don't qualify.

The only sad and twisted men I know about are mountain bikers
who ride their bikes on hiking trails. Fortunately, most of them get their
deserved rewards in the way of injuries and death. Almost makes me think there
is some justice in the world after all.

Actually, the fatality rate ... derived from data provided by one M J Vandeman ... is 0.00123 per million miles travelled. So, much safer than driving.