Old February 21st 18, 08:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Inexpensive LUX meter from China to measure your bike lamp's output

On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 20:31:59 -0800 (PST), Andre Jute
wrote:

Inexpensive LUX meter from China to measure your bike lamp's output. Stumbled across this while I was looking for something else. No recommendation, but I remembered you guys were discussing lux ratings not too long ago.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...4b9c46a0WLmNTx

Andre Jute
Always helpful

Sigh. I see that you haven't been reading my rants. That's the exact
model that I've recommended in at least three of my previous rants on
the topic. Also available on eBay and Amazon.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/222318701790
or search for "lux meter".

Also from several revious rants, if you draw a 1.13meter (44.5inch)
diameter circle on the wall, and shine your bicycle head light or
flashlight on the wall until it fills the circle, the lux meter will
read directly in lumens. It works because the area of the circle is 1
square-meter and:
1 lux = 1 lumen/sq-meter
If you light produces a non-circular spot on the wall or an uneven
pattern, just guess(tm) until you have a spot that looks roughly like
1 square-meter. No warranty for accuracy expressed or implied.

Lux Sit (Let let there be light).

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D