Old September 17th 09, 01:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
ru4linux2

Default dynamo lights with switches and bottle dynamo/generators

On Sep 17, 7:17*am, Keiron wrote:
Hi all,

I want to know if you can use a bottle dynamo with a light with a switch?

My guess is no given that the switchable examples are usually in the hub
dynamo section but I don't understand why this is the case? Couldn't I by
a switchable light and just leave it in the on position with my bottle
dynamo? If not, why not?

Thanks

I have done something like this.

I bought a '3 - way' switch and had a couple of AA batteries, set up
so that when I needed to stop, I could flip the switch from the
generator position to the battery position and, therefore, still be
adequately visible.

Lewis.

*****