Old September 17th 09, 05:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman[_3_]

Default dynamo lights with switches and bottle dynamo/generators

Keiron schreef:
Hi all,

I want to know if you can use a bottle dynamo with a light with a switch?

Of course you can.

My guess is no given that the switchable examples are usually in the hub
dynamo section but I don't understand why this is the case?

Because otherwise the light will always be on.
In the case of a bottle dynamo you switch the light by putting the
bottle on the tire.

Couldn't I by
a switchable light and just leave it in the on position with my bottle
dynamo?

Yes or you can leave the bottle dynamo on the tire and switch the light
with the light switch. ;-)

Lou