Old September 5th 03, 03:39 AM
Ben Fox

Default Piriformis syndrome and recumbents?

I pulled a muscle on the first ride on my Corsa with M-5 seat. The muscle
was on the back of my buttock and seems to fasten to the pelvic bone.
I was tryin g some back stretches someone on this N.G. posted a link to and
the stretch that really worked on my pulled muscle was for the piriformis
muscle.
So I may have the same muscle problem. I had this to a lessor extend with my
P-38 ,but the M-5 Euro seat must use this muscle more.
Ben Fox
"Chas" wrote in message
I have been diagnosed with piriformis syndrome (a condition in which the
piriformis muscle becomes inflamed and impinges on the sciatic nerve

bundle
causing considerable pain). The physical therapist said to see about a
different seat, position, etc. on my bike.

Any one have this experience and willing to share their experiences?

Chas
Haluzak Hybrid Race -- the inline wheelchair