Old May 24th 04, 12:19 PM
Velvet

Default The _Observer_ on "deadly" bike lanes

Peter Clinch wrote:

Velvet wrote:

The condition of the cycle path might be of no consequence to those
with suspension or mtb's, but on a tourer they're a bloody pain in the
neck to ride any distance at all on.

While not in any way disagreeing with your point, it should be pointed
out that "tourer" and "suspension" need not be mutually exclusive terms,
and you don't even need to get a recumbent. Moulton T21 and R&M Delite
Black (or Grey) are both full-sus dedicated touring uprights, for example.

Pete.

True, but even so, I'm not sure the majority of tourers that are about
on the roads actually have full-sus.. and I fail to see why I should
have to buy a bike with suspension just to be able to ride on shoddy tarmac.

If they're going to put in cycle facilities then at the very least the
surface should mean all bikes should be able to use them, not just a
sub-set of bikes.

IMNSHO :-)

--

Velvet