Old July 20th 19, 06:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Electronic Shifting Replay

On Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 4:04:50 AM UTC+2, John B. wrote:
On Fri, 19 Jul 2019 17:48:34 -0700 (PDT), Steve Weeks
wrote:

On Friday, July 19, 2019 at 12:07:00 PM UTC-5, Andre Jute wrote:
That's a super Neddy article. Neddy is an all-purpose technical innocent who requires explicit step by step instructions... I love articles like that because they save me the bother -- and the expense when I get it wrong -- of working the steps out myself.

I was that "Neddy"... it was a real discovery process for me. My "real" job is teaching dental students to perform root canal treatment, and such documentation and teaching skills as I have transferred to bike mechanics reasonably well. :-)
Steve

Hey! Just the guy I need :-)
My wife just finished a visit to the dentist where, listening to her
explanation, the dentist apparently reamed the root out of the tooth
and installed some sort of temporary filling and told her to come back
in 3 months for the permanent fix.
Please note that my wife is a Thai and while she speaks English well
she has little "technical language" so her explanation may be faulty,
but when I still had teeth I had two root canals done and in both
cases it was all done in one sitting... as I remember.

Why a 3 months wait?
--
cheers,

John B.

3 months is maybe a long time but in my case they wait a certain time before the final fix to see if all the infection is removed.

Lou