Old June 2nd 09, 10:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman °_°

Default Driver's education in 2009?

aka Cullen Carter wrote:
Hello,

With gasoline prices rising, I'm seeing an increase in cyclists.
However, I'm not seeing a DECREASE in motorists.

This tells me that the newer generation is still clinging to the idea
of "getting a driver's license at 16 is still the thing to do.

So, this question is for driving newbies (and, possibly, driver's ed
teachers?): Is "awareness of cyclists" taught in driver's ed? If so,
HOW is it taught?

Not when I took the class, and probably not now that many schools have
dropped the class as part of privatization.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.