Old December 7th 08, 07:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz[_3_]

Default Training or Plain Riding?

Amit Ghosh wrote:
Bret, when a fork leg breaks off you go face first into the street. If it
bends you generally are thrown off sideways. By all means tell me which you
would prefer.

dumbass,

i've never seen a steel fork "bend" while riding, that just doesn't
happen.

ive seen a steel fork break at the steerer while the rider was just
riding along. i've also seen a carbon cross fork fail this way.

I had a steel fork leg break at the joint with the crown. The brake
started rubbing so I stopped to adjust it. As soon as it was unweighted
the fork leg rotated to the ground.

Bob Schwartz