Old February 16th 20, 11:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Pedestrian and cyclist taken to Frimley Park Hospital followingcrash in Fleet

On Saturday, February 15, 2020 at 6:05:30 PM UTC, TMS320 wrote:
On 15/02/2020 12:33, Simon Mason wrote:
On Saturday, February 15, 2020 at 11:15:26 AM UTC, TMS320 wrote:

Off hand, I can't think of anything equivalent to a driving licence
that requires a declaration of fitness to perform a task.

I was temporarily banned from driving by the DVLA after a serious
injury and for me to get my licence back, had to undergo a mental and
physical examination by my GP. I passed and regained my licence.

Obviously you weren't applying for routine renewal at the time so how
did the DVLA get the information by which it could "ban" you? Did you
volunteer it or did it go behind your back?

On the DVLA form to apply for a replacement licence, you can continue to drive if you self declare that you are physically fit enough ahead of a GP official test.