Old March 23rd 20, 05:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Eerie pictures show Nottingham's empty streets - except cyclistsdelivering food

Where are all the cars?
QUOTE:
The streets of Nottingham were empty at the weekend, with only the odd food delivery cyclist to be seen. As pubs, clubs and restaurants closed due to the coronavirus, residents heeded the government's advice and stayed at home. The pictures stood in stark contrast to other towns and cities around the country, where hundreds flocked for one last pint at watering holes across their neighbourhoods.

So thank you Nottingham - and stay safe. These pictures show an empty city, and for once that’s the way we want it to stay. Old Market Square is deserted, and fewer and fewer people are venturing into the city every day. We need to protect the vulnerable, and do everything we can to make sure frontline workers in the NHS, schools, councils and care homes can carry on doing the work we need them to do. We are all in this together and Nottingham will come out the other side. And we’ll be there to celebrate when we do.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/...-empty-3974182