Old August 14th 18, 11:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Flat repair

On Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at 5:02:36 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at 1:35:34 PM UTC-7, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at 12:47:13 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Snipped

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4i0ttwnSszY

pfff.....

Lou

I like how they used a TUBE for the repair. Might as well just use a tube tire in the first place.

Cheers

Why? So that you can get five times the flats as a tubeless setup gets?

Let me ask you again - why do you suppose that every other rubber tired vehicle has changed to tubeless?

Even when I do loaded (40 to 50 lbs of gear, food and water)touring for two weeks or so on dirt/gravel/trails in northern Ontario Canada I get very few flats in my 26" x 2.125" tires with INNER TUBES. Most trips I don't even get a flat. Why in the world would I want to mes with something that can be so hard to repair? All I have to do if I do get a flat is pull out the flatted tube, check the tire for any debris that has caused the flat and then install the new tube and pump the tire to the pressure needed. Then I can take my time in camp and repair the punctured tube. Tubeless might be okay for some to many of us tubless is an answer to a problem we don't have.

Cheers