Old September 23rd 17, 02:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Interbike 2017

On 9/22/2017 5:40 PM, jbeattie wrote:

snip

It's the rare transportational cyclist riding an eBike around here, but that may change over time. I have no qualms about drafting eBikes since most are too fast to be in the bike lanes anyway. Some are just lightweight motorcycles. It's like Kommuter Keirin for me -- except for this one woman I see a lot who has an eCargoBike that goes zero to thirty in like a second. I don't have the thighs or lungs for that, and she drops me off the lights.

I rode one eBike on the test track that was amazingly powerful. The ones
with the manual throttle tend to be more powerful than the ones with
"pedal assist." "Pedal assist" is apparently a legal thing, to prevent
it from being classified as a moped or motorbike.