Old September 6th 18, 12:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport
TMS320

Default Interesting Article On How Cars Took Over the Road

On 05/09/18 13:01, NY wrote:

Maybe I only notice the cyclists who fail to conform to the rules, and
ignore the (small? large?) proportion who obey and are therefore less
noticeable. But I do notice, both as a driver and a cyclist, that I'm
more aware of cyclists who break the rules, as opposed to drivers.

I observe cyclists only from the perspective of pedestrian or peer user.
In the former case it could matter because of my potential safety, in
the latter case it is a matter of interest.

From a car, not only is the view from behind a windscreen heavily
distorted but what does it matter to you should you see a cyclist
"breaking the rules"?