Old December 21st 10, 07:34 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
dgk

Default The Middle East is our backyard

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 12:03:03 -0600, Tēm ShermĒn™ °_°
" wrote:

On 12/21/2010 8:13 AM, dgk wrote:
On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 08:22:17 -0600, "Edward
wrote:

wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 11:55:06 -0600, "Edward
wrote:
[...]
Terrorism is part and parcel of a religion, i.e., Islam. It probably does
have something to do with our wealth and the wealth of the West in
general.
It is too bad Islam was not able to create wealth like the Christian
nations
of the West. Why not visit Saudi Arabia at one extreme and Egypt at the
other extreme and see what I mean.

The US has now become an Empire. The sooner we start acting like
imperialists in good conscience, the better. What we need most is a
Rudyard
Kipling, not a cry baby like you.

Terrorism is what people do when they don't have an army to kill for
them. If you're ok with killing people all over the world so that the
wealthy can profit and you can have some crumbs, then you are less of
a person than I thought you were.

Terrorism is what people do when they do not have a clue about what is wrong
with them. You bet I'm OK with killing those who would kill us.

Too much to write about at one time so I'll just choose this. You
missed the whole point. They want to kill us because of things that
we've done. If I were an Iraqi boy and my parents died because of what
we've done to Iraq, I would certainly try to kill Americans to make up
for it. What we've done makes us less safe, not more safe. And it
wasn't done for any altruistic reason, it was done for profit.

"dgk" - you do know that presenting facts that contradict beliefs is
useless? People follow their "religion" (including "American
Exceptionalism") based on faith; facts be damned.

I know. White Man's Burden.