Old February 1st 20, 01:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default What's it take 2B Criminaly Charged in Forida 4 Killing witha car?

On 1/31/2020 10:56 PM, Andre Jute wrote:
On Saturday, February 1, 2020 at 3:38:39 AM UTC, AMuzi wrote:
On 1/31/2020 9:20 PM, John B. wrote:
On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 18:18:41 -0800 (PST), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

Geeze, I'm glad I don't live in Florida! It seems as though bicyclists and/or pedestrians are fair game down there if they're killed by a motor vehicle. Here's yet another case where criminal charges will NOT be laid against the drive of a vehicle that killed someone. This even though the driver drove his car through a red light.

https://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Ped...567422241.html

Cheers

I think that you may be getting into the area of what the state law
defines as a criminal act. Remember O.J. Simpson? Not convicted of any
criminal charge but was convicted of wrongful death.
--
cheers,

John B.

nope.
He lost a suit in civil court where the standard for a
decision is radically different.

The thriller writer Len Deighton called LA the "Insane Ward". The trials of OJ are the perfect capsule demonstration of the truth of his observation.

Andre Jute
The only workable prescription is electro-shock treatment

He was acquitted because the evidence had passed through a
perjurer, Furman. It's not complex nor specific to California.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/