Old July 7th 20, 02:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default New CCFL, 26650, 18650, or 3AA

On 7/6/2020 1:42 PM, Sepp Ruf wrote:
On Monday, July 6, 2020 at 12:08:34 PM UTC-7, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

snip

If you're talking about Frank, his Oculus light lives in a drawer as he
doesn't use it.

Maybe it's so bad that Frank's hard-earned "responsible cyclist" status with
the local traffic cops would be in danger if were to donate it to a
penniless dog walker.

Highly unlikely that anyone would spend that much money for a superior
light then keep it in a drawer, unused.

85% of Stvzo low beams are pointed either too low or too high, a study at
Seattle CHAZ Memorial Hospital indicates.

My nephew lives in Seattle on a street that is the border of CHAZ, he is
on the non-CHAZ side of the street. They evacuated, twice, because of
tear gas coming into their building affecting their newborn. I guess he
evacuated prior to that hospital opening its doors.

Thrilled to know about that CHAZ hospital study and impressed that so
soon after being formed the hospital was able to complete such an
important piece of work, especially since StVZO lights are extremely
rare in the United States. Even our dear leader recently railed against
StVZO lights in a speech: “Against every law of society and nature, our
children are taught in school to hate our own country's superior bicycle
lights, especially in Ohio, and to worship StVZO compliant lights.”

Hopefully the next study that hospital performs will be a study of the
effects of helmet laws on bicycle usage during Covid-19. Or perhaps a
study of paraffin wax versus molybdenum disulfide for chain lubrication.