Old March 17th 04, 08:41 PM
Andy Coggan

Default Longer crankarms

"chris" wrote in message
m...

"Andy Coggan" wrote in message

hlink.net...
"chris" wrote in message
om...
I hate to break this to you, but the USOC lab in CS has been doing

this
kind
of thing for years...about all that has been learned as a result is

that
the
Conconi test (proposed/developed/popularized by somebody with a

background
very similar to Ferrari's or Testa's) is total crap.

Well I guess some of the coaches in NE haven't gotten wind of this

yet!
;~`)

Are you referring to Cycle-Smart? I thought that they had given up on

that
approach.

In all fairness, I was not not specifically pointing to any one group,
but I've seen the term "Conconi test" batted around by a few coaches
and on some websites. It is possible these sites are out of date.

It's also possible that by 'Conconi test' these coaches/websites simply
meant an incremental exercise test to fatigue. Many people seem to confused
the two.

Andy Coggan