Old January 14th 09, 05:35 PM posted to alt.war.vietnam,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc
[email protected][_2_]

Default How come bicycle clothing looks so silly?

On Jan 14, 7:13*am, SMS wrote:
!Jones' Sock Puppet wrote:
Actually, I kinda *like* men in tight, black panties... but, my
question has always been: How do you wear that stuff in public and
keep a straight face?

The riders wearing the ridiculous looking clothing stand out more, but
it's rather a small percentage of riders. Non-ridiculous looking jerseys
and classic wool knickers are still available.

I wear a lot of made at home clothes. My arm warmers are the legs of
cheap tights and so are my leg warmers. My facemask is the arm of a
cotton polyester long sleeved shirt. I wanted something thin that
didn't itch and the fleece ones are two thick. My jerseys are old a
full of holes. My cycling companions often toss coin at me or plan on
taking collections so that I can buy clothes. One of the local lbs
owners tells me that I am bad advertisement for his establishment.

I don't like most lycra shorts on my legs. They itch me. Most of the
really soft ones are $$$$$$. I like the cotton ones or the supplex
ones. Supplex and cotton shorts are made by very few companies, so
mine are almost all transparent. If someone knows a source of cheap,
silky soft cycling shorts, let me know.