Old June 30th 08, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ken[_4_]

Default "UK minister backs call for more traffic police to protect cyclists"

"POHB" wrote in message
On 30 Jun, 15:45, wrote:
Personally I think this is great news. While undoubtedly there are a
significant number of law-breaking cyclists, I think the large
majority (at least in the places I cycle) are more sinned against than
sinning.

More nicking or deterring of both bad cyclists and bad drivers would
help.

Is it just me noticing it or has the number of drivers talking on
their hand-held mobiles crept back up again? It seemed to stop for a
while when it was made an offence but there seems to be loads again
now.

While waitng our turn to disembark at dover this morning on the Bike
Express, a 40ton truck passed with the driver texting and with an operating
open laptop next to him.

Ken.