Old February 9th 09, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

Default Motorbike Filtering

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 15:36:17 -0000, "AndyC"
said in
:

Cager is a term widely used by motorcyclists as well as in URC and has been
around for years.

And it has a specific utility that "motorist" does not: anybody
driving a car is a motorist, but cagers don't use two-wheeled modes
at all. Motorcyclists and cyclists are, I think, rather less likely
to forget to look for other two-wheelers (and indeed pedestrians)
when they get behind the wheel.

The word cager implies both the safety cage and the prison. I think
it's very apt for those who are unable or unwilling to consider
other modes.

Though I suspect the average cager has never read Planet Ovlov or
Ogri, so misses the gallows humour element.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
GPG sig #3FA3BCDE http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/pgp-public-key.txt