Old August 18th 18, 12:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Flat repair

On Saturday, August 18, 2018 at 5:37:01 AM UTC-4, davethedave wrote:
On Fri, 17 Aug 2018 12:13:21 +1000, James wrote:

On 17/08/18 07:50, wrote:

Well, I can't argue that people want to ride what they want to ride.
I just find it curious that they complain about flats and then won't
change over to a tubeless that doesn't get flats.

If tubeless don't get flats, why are there inventions to try to stop
tubeless from going flat?

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/downhi...ret-flat-tire-

defender-foam-inserts-first-look.html

Ha ha! It works like an inner tube pushing on the bead but weighs double.
--
davethedave

And the manufacturer does NOT recommend it for anything but "Gravity" riding since it slows you down so much on the flat sections of a trail.

"Beginning with Frank Stacy, all those who have ridden the Flat Tire Defender inserts agree that they are best suited for gravity riders. The extra weight would be a burden for most trail riders, who would be slogging around 700-grams of rotating mass 80-percent of the time, only to reap the benefits on the fastest and steepest technical descents."

Cheers