Old December 13th 19, 02:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Cyclist shot and wounded in San Jose area.

On Thursday, December 12, 2019 at 4:10:53 PM UTC-8, Chalo wrote:
John B. wrote:

By Gorry! You are correct! If we could just get rid of all the motor
vehicles the bicycles would be safe.

That's how ethics work. If you unilaterally inflict a harm or impose a burden in others, it's your sole responsibility to mitigate it, not theirs.

Too bad motorists are inherently unethical creatures.

Yikes, what if the motorist is driving an ambulance? Bloodmobile? Communist bookmobile bringing enlightenment to the subjugated masses? Are all motorists unethical? What about passengers in motor vehicles?https://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/interactive/...s/media/01.jpg Is there special dispensation for people who are disabled?

And riding a bike is consumptive and unilaterally inflicts harm on others. I burn tons more calories than drivers, and I burn through tires and chains with fair regularity -- adding to the environmental damage and human degradation that goes along with all manufacturing activity. Do I lose ethics points? And are walkers more ethical? What if the walker has a herd of resource consuming dogs?

This seems complex and probably requires a phone app or some sort of Chinese social credit scoring.

-- Jay Beattie