Old February 6th 04, 10:11 AM
Peter Clinch

Default Sprung Saddles

Y Cymro wrote:

A Use seatpost is quite pricey. A cheaper option sems to be a Brooks sprung
saddle - a 'Conquest' or a 'Flyer'.

Does anyone have any experience of these?

Yes, I had one (B66) on my tourer for ages, now it graces my 8 Freight.
And it's very comfortable, as saddles go, but doesn't make *that* much
difference over the unsprung B17 IME.

The reason is it no longer graces my tourer is my tourer is now a
recumbent with a large, comfy padded chair and full suspension designed
for the road. If you really want to be comfortable then recumbents are
just streets ahead of the game. Not cheap, of course, but do you want
to rearrange the Titanic's deckchairs, or melt the iceberg?

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch University of Dundee
Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells Hospital