Old August 10th 10, 02:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

Default Pedal axle transplant - 9/16" to 1/2" (and 1/2" pedalrecommedations)

On Aug 10, 1:11*am, Keiron wrote:
Is is largely possible to transplant a 9/16" with a half inch axle? (i.e.
Are axle cones and lengths reasonably standard between the 2 sizes, with
just the threaded part differing)

Often times, yes.

I found this online:

http://www.bikeforums.net/archive/in.../t-501811.html

but having never encountered this pedal I don't know if the process is
peculiar to this brand/model.

Any similar success stories?

Modern Wellgos are swappable, but so cheap that it's a silly
endeavor.

Any 1/2" pedal recommendations? I don't want aggressive bmx platforms but
neither do I want flats with rubber coated platforms. The principal
stipulation is that they're 'big enough'.

D. and I have hipped to the Odyssey "Twisted" for casual and city
bikes. It's a quite unattractive BMX pedal--but not too aggro, and
very well shaped. For under fifteen bux, it's not a big investment if
you hate it.