Old May 12th 19, 02:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Allergies and hard riding

On 5/11/2019 9:11 PM, jbeattie wrote:
It's all about the motorist. Taking the lane works with compliant drivers but not the homicidal maniacs who seem to populate the hinterlands.

It's certainly true that a certain percentage of motorists are
aggressive and stupid. Some of those act out with "punishment passes."
But in my experience, that's a microscopic percentage of motorists.

And FWIW, that happens when driving too. On a long two lane state
highway today, I had one impatient tailgating idiot pass my car
super-close and almost cut me off, even though there was no oncoming
traffic. I guess he wanted me to go faster, or at least get closer to
the next car ahead.

But it did him no good at all. It merely got him up to the car ahead of
me (which he tailgated too). He followed that car immediately ahead of
me until we got to the four lane and its traffic light. He chose the
right lane, I pulled alongside in the left, and I waved goodbye when the
light turned green.

Idiots abound. But only a very few of them bother me as I ride the bike.

--
- Frank Krygowski