Old September 15th 19, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Enough is enough

On 15/09/2019 00:39, Simon Jester wrote:

We have a great road network, unfortunately it is infested with cars.

I suggest we stop issuing any more driving licences. New drivers can
put their name on a waiting list until a current licence holder dies
or surrenders their licence for medical reasons or gets disqualified
for criminal activity such as speeding.

That would help to reduce the number of immigrants, but it would have an
adverse effect in that many more unlicenced, untrained and uninsured
drivers would be on the roads, rather like cyclists in fact, and of
course there would be many more hit and runs, so the death toll would go
up. So maybe not such a good plan.