Old June 3rd 13, 12:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default Steel may be real but....

On 02/06/13 01:51, Andre Jute wrote:

Those Renovos are so beautiful, at one stage I considered gritting my
teeth and paying the carriage to get one delivered to Europe. But I'd
really want a fork in the same material, and to use 60mm/2.35in
tyres, and they go up only to 2.1in

I could live without a wood fork - at least one with a wood steerer
tube. I think to get similar strength to steel/Al/CFRP, the steerer and
consequently the headset would need to be oversize and non-standard.
You wouldn't be able to fit your beloved Cane Creek HS, me thinks, or a
regular head stem either.

That aside, I was in the same boat. Considering buying one, but not
quite able to go through with it for a few reasons. One being I'd like
to ride one first, and feel how it works. Not easy from this distance.

--
JS