Old December 9th 19, 07:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default McElroy Hill

Monday 9 September 2019 -- waiting for the washing machine.

On Saturday, I spent from 11:56 to 12:00 walking up McElroy Hill. A
few weeks ago, when I first thought of timing my walk, it took six
minutes.

I wonder what made a 50% difference. Perhaps I fiddled with my phone
after noting the time at the start, or maybe I spent more time gazing
at the quarry below.

I marvel at people who will cart a heavy moter and battery all over
town just to avoid walking up hills.

YMAV

Perhaps they climb the north face I McElroy, where there is no place
to walk. When going south, I go an extra half mile to cross 30 on
200 W, which is quite flat.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net