Old July 12th 19, 12:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default Alarm lock

On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 08:52:04 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 7/11/2019 8:47 AM, AK wrote:
On Thursday, July 11, 2019 at 6:29:40 AM UTC-5, AK wrote:
On Wednesday, July 10, 2019 at 11:25:50 PM UTC-5, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 21:05:35 -0700 (PDT), AK
wrote:

Bought this today at a "mom and pop" hardware store. At $13, I thought the price was quite reasonable.
Searches for it lead me to believe the company is no longer in business though.
https://imgur.com/a/mHSoIA5
It has an alarm built in that detects movement a certain number of times and then sounds a 110 decimal alarm. Resets itself etc.
It uses 9 LR44 batteries which last around 2 years.
I think it is closer to 90 - 100 decibels.
What do you think?
Andy

Adding an alarm to a bad lock does not magically make it a good and
secure lock.

"[505] Chinese "AlarmLock" Picked Without Triggering Siren
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj9kh5Guz6M

"[507] AlarmLock Revisited... With a Hammer!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzb74kzFAIs

The "lock picking lawyer" is quite good at picking, bypassing, and
destructive entry.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

I apologize for much of what I said.

You were trying to help with limited knowledge of the actual lock.

You have given me ideas on how to improve the lock.

Like positioning it so it is much harder to break open using a hammer.

Andy

Or just stop letting your bike go outside alone.

I have been informed, right here at this site, that for one's child to
walk to school is dangerous and certainly this must be true of the
legendary $4,000 bicycle. Thus, as you say, a bicycle should never be
allowed out without being accompanied :-)
--

Cheers,

John B.