Old May 25th 04, 05:09 PM
David Hansen

Default The _Observer_ on "deadly" bike lanes

On Tue, 25 May 2004 14:45:56 +0100 someone who may be John Hearns
wrote this:-

There are similar lanes in Edinburgh and most of them are fairly
well thought out.

Not meaning to have a go, as I'm not familiar with cycling in Edinburgh,
but the closest analogy I can come up with is this.
Imagine cycling up the North Bridge from Princes Street in heavy traffic,
with all the buses. Imagine that you have to cycle in the middle of
the carriageway.

If there was such a lane on North Bridge then it would not be in the
right place, not the least because of the gradient.

prevents me using the RIP Act 2000.