Old December 4th 04, 07:20 AM
Edward Dolan

wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:

wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:

"DiscoDuck" wrote in message
om...
"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
How many helmet studies have you actually read, Ed?

None, nor do I plan to. Why reinvent the wheel? Bike helmets are
necessary
for the same reason that motorcycle helmets are necessary and for
the
same
reason that race car drivers also wear helmets. It protects the old
noggin
in the event of an accident.

Then you oviously advocate helmets for motorists, right?

Motorists have a heavy metal shield surrounding them whereas cyclists,
motorcyclists and race car drivers don't. Next question!

Which race car drivers don't have those monkey bars around them
in their race cars? You know the ones that you don't see in the
normal motorist's car?

Which race car drivers do not wear helmets? Next question!

Doesn't seem necessary, you misrepresent, and stand on that as proof.
Race car drivers are surrounded by a stronger metal shield than
motorists, but apparently not by your standards, whatever they are.

So why the hell do race car drivers wear helmets if not to protect their
noggins from injury? Frankly, I do not know because I wouldn't be caught
dead at a race track - any kind of a race track. That kind of crap is for
kids and other juvenile mentalities. Whenever one of those fools manage to
kill themselves, I say good riddance.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota