Old May 11th 08, 06:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bob

Default RBM: Strange bike sighting of the month

On May 11, 9:33*am, wrote:
* *Okay, I didn't actually see this bike in person, but a local TV station
ran a piece on a family that bought one. *If I'm remembering the spelling
right, this is the link:

* * * *http://www.bakfiet.nl

* *Interesting variation on the theme, though I'm not sure I see how it's
better than a trailer, or even panniers in some instances. *And it must be
murder getting it up hills. *But interesting anyway.

It is rather interesting in a tallbike sort of way- as an eyecatching
device- but I don't see it having any advantage over a trailer and
several disadvantages. However it affects the riding characteristics,
the extended length has to make storage and parking more problematic
for sure.

Regards,
Bob Hunt