Old August 2nd 11, 06:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default How marketers turned "29er" into empty verbiage

On Jul 30, 5:59*am, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
Wow. Rarely have I seen something so simple, and so provenly-useful,
over-thought to such a great extent. And to what purpose?

Sorry if you have a short attention span. Generally I don't write for
bike dealers.

29ers work. Stock, off-the-shelf 29ers are holding up as well as, and
maybe even better than, the similar 26-inch mountain bikes we sell.

What 29-ers that you sell? Which, if any, of those that you sell have
tyres 57.5mm wide or wider. If the tyres on these so-called "29-ers"
that you sell aren't 57.5mm wide or wider, they aren't 29-ers and
you're misrepresenting your trade goods.

That axe must be pretty darned dull to have brought on all this. Or, as
someone in rbr is fond of saying, "Dude, she must have really hurt you."

Nope. I just got ****ed off at the misrepresention of clowns calling a
rim 21mm a "29-er rim". That's a lie in any language, wherever in the
world you are.

--Mike-- * * Chain Reaction Bicycleswww.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Yep, I can see why you didn't like my article. Tough tittie.

Andre Jute
Now where that number for the Trading Standards Office?