Old March 12th 17, 12:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default More About Lights

On 2017-03-10 19:40, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Friday, March 10, 2017 at 7:52:30 PM UTC-5, Joerg wrote: Snipped
With or without dynamo I'll never ride without a battery because
then it's lights out when waiting at an intersection. Very bad at
night.

Now, about the bicycle air conditioner ... :-)

-- Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Most decent dynamo ights these days have a standlight that'll run for
several minutes when the bicycle is stopped.

I have seen that in Germany. Standlight was very dim though. I prefer it
to be lit normal like it is on my bikes.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

You need to look again at more modern stuff because many dynamo hub standlights are quite bright for the time they stay on usually a ferw minutes or so if needed. But then again absolutely NOTHING ever works for you off the shelf.

Cheers