Old October 25th 18, 09:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]

Default If Canada can do it

On 25/10/2018 17:09, Simon Jester wrote:
On Thursday, October 25, 2018 at 12:37:10 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 25/10/2018 00:01, TMS320 wrote:
On 23/10/18 18:27, JNugent wrote:
On 23/10/2018 17:24, Simon Jester wrote:
On Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 11:27:59 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 22/10/2018 21:34, Simon Jester wrote:

Why not UK

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45806255

Legal weed in Leftpondia has been proven to reduce drink and drug
driving.

Is stoned driving better than drink-driving? They're equally risky and
both illegal (in the UK and USA, and almost certainly also in Canada).

Ah, of course - if our lords and masters have decided to make something
illegal it must be wrong.

Define "wrong".

And your point?

It's obviously too complicated for you, but for a normal person ought
to be more obvious: there is no gain in swapping drunk drivers for
drugged drivers.

Even you ought to be able to work out why.

I have never knowingly taken cannabis products (does this mean I don't
qualify as a normal person?). No doubt you can explain why there is no
gain in swapping drunk drivers for drugged drivers.

Neither category is in full control of the vehicle, of course.

Are you feeling alright?

What makes you so certain legal weed will result in drink drivers becoming drug drivers?

Nothing makes me certain of that.

But *you* insisted that legalising illegal drugs reduces the incidence
of drink-driving. *You* are saying that there is a connection between
the two, and that connection can only be people moving from
drink-driving to drug-driving. Well, unles the drugs so incapacitate its
victims that they can't find their keys.

No one is proposing Weed Bars where you can go and get high then drive home, as happens with alcohol.
No one is suggesting you should be able to order 'A selection a rustic breads with cannabis infused olive oil dip' in a restaurant.

This is how it works in Colorado.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tZSJiFMExQ
Those interested in FACTS can skip to 2:50.
Those wishing to maintain their ignorant, uniformed prejudices can say 'I'm not going to click on that link.'

It's up to you to put your argument. I shall not be doing any part of
your Youtube research for you.